Monday 21 July 2014

Can I pass the MB2-703 – CRM 2013 Customization and Configuration exam using just the Microsoft MOC's


The Hosk career blog is here to help people with all sorts of questions they have in moving their Microsoft Dynamics Careers forward and today I got emailed a question about studying for the MB2-703 - CRM 2013 Customization and Configuration certification.

This is a common question, so I thought I would feature the questions and answers here for people to read and comment on.  (if you have a question for the Hosk please email me ben.hosking@gmail.com).  If you would like to contribute a blog post also email me.

Hosk's Quick Answer

The quick answer is Yes.  For the  CRM 4 and CRM 2011 customization and configuration certifications I used just the MOC's (Microsoft Official Curriculum) to study for the exams.  I made notes from the MOC's and tried out the functionality in CRM and that was enough to pass the exam.

I have created some great content to help you study for the exam, which I think is easier to read/understand and also has exam cram notes/test questions section, not to mention YouTube videos
http://crmbusiness.wordpress.com/mb2-703-crm-2013-customization-and-configuration-certification/

but I haven't finished yet so it only covers a few areas of the exam, so I would suggest you use the MOC's to study for the exam..




Hosk's Full Answer

QUESTION

Hi Hosk

I have following your Customization videos and I am preparing for the mb2-703 exam.
I am very new into CRM and actually its very confusing for me to understand what I need to know before taking the exam.
Your videos are good, but it didn't give me the total overview for me.

My question is: If stick to Microsoft’s course book for 80542A and follow their online learning course, is it enough? Or do I need more to pass the exam?

Best regards


HOSK'S REPLY


Hello

Glad you found my videos and content useful but you are correct it's not finished and it takes time for me to create it

All the information I have created (so far) for the exam can be found here


I would recommend the study notes and sample questions as being the most useful sources of information

I created a page with useful information to help people study for the MB2-703 certification

The study notes from Dynamics CRM Chat 

mscrmgeek.com study notes for CRM 2011 but most of it still relevant



Using the official MOC will teach you all the information you will need to know of the exam, once you have learnt that you just need to make notes and use the functionality in CRM to prepare for the exam.  For the previous exams (CRM 4 and CRM 2011) I used the MOC as my main tool for passing the exam



No comments:

Post a Comment